Seeing the Aura
Surrounding the human body is a brilliant kaleidoscope of luminosity that we call the aura. This is a projection of our life force and is the energy that animates the human body and sustains us.
Although now rejected by mainstream science, the philosophy of ‘Vitalism’ claimed that living things are driven by a vital force – also called “vital spark”, “energy” or the “élan vital”. Modern science also rejects the idea of a soul and spirit but spiritually minded people continue to claim that we have a vital force which can be seen by clairvoyant people. This light is called the Aura. The aura is usually ‘seen’ as a fibrous light surrounding the body and often appears as a mandala of many colors. The shades change according to your health, moods, feelings and spiritual condition.
The aura is not to be confused with the lights seen by people suffering from migraine or epilepsy, cell debris in the eyes (vitreous detachments – commonly called floaters), the bright spots of light caused when the eye is rubbed or the after images caused by retinal fatigue.
What is the aura?
Firstly, the aura something that I and other psychics see and it may be something you see too. Most people see it as a light the hands or head and others ‘feel’ it as a projected mood or energy. A good way to describe it is as an atmosphere that projects from the human body- just as the planet earth has an atmosphere. The aura is a field of energy – it’s our vital force. This energy takes two forms – the cosmic vibratory energy that is omnipresent in the universe, structuring and sustaining all things and the specific aura that sustains each human body.
The aura is shaped like an egg made of fibrous light surrounding the whole of the body. To some, it is like a heat haze radiating all around the person shimmering with light and energy. It has every color imaginable including those that are beyond the visible spectrum. Or in the words of Sir Winston Churchill “I expect orange and vermilion will be the darkest and dullest hues and beyond them will be a whole range of wonderful new colors which will delight the celestial eye.”
Many people can sense the aura and some can see it. When you have stood close to a stranger have you ever ‘felt’ their personality- something we sometimes call the ‘human atmosphere’? For example, you may have visited a married couples house and inadvertently interrupted a row. They greet you with sweet smiles and pretend nothing has happened but behind this façade you can feel a pressure like the moment before a thunderstorm.
You are sensing the emotions from their auras and this is why you know that something is wrong despite their pretense. You have experienced the projected personality of the person through their aura. Perhaps you have also at some time experienced psychic sight and seen the aura but have been too embarrassed to talk about it for fear of ridicule by non-believers. Trust what you sense and see and stand by what you know to be true for this is a natural phenomenon. Fortunately many more people today are having the courage to talk about their spiritual experiences which are proving to be more common place than would once have been expected.
How to ‘See’ the Aura Spectrum
Soft or low light is the best condition in which to first see the aura. It also helps to be relaxed, so bed is the best place to try this next experiment.
- STEP 1. Turn off the lights. You don’t want to work in pitch-black conditions and in most cases the street lights filtering through the curtains will provide enough light. If not, leave the landing light on and close the bedroom door. The small amount of light seeping underneath the door frame should be enough to work with.
- STEP 2. As you lie in bed, hold your hands straight out in front of you. Look gently at them, don’t stare hard- you need to gaze rather than look. The aura rarely appears as a bright light, it is more like a gentle heat haze.
- STEP 3. Try fixing your attention on your hands while focusing your eyes on the bedroom wall. The hands will appear out of focus but this will help you get the knack of the way to look.
- STEP 4. Now very slowly bring the fingertips of each hand towards each other until they are very close but not touching. The aura will appear as fine lines of blue and red light between the finger tips. You can try the same again just using the index fingers of both hands.
- STEP 5. As you draw the hands apart you will see the streams of energy connecting each finger. Imagine the energy increasing and you will see the light glow brightly. Bringing the fingers tantalizingly close together in this way seems to increase the auric flow. It’s just like when you bring two opposite poles of magnets together: you feel the attraction suddenly increase as the fields unite.
Does the Aura Change?
It is worth noting that the palette of the aura is not fixed. You do not have a permanent red, blue or yellow aura. The complexion of the aura change depending on your state of health, energy level or your emotions.
The pigments of the aura are a reflection of you. So if you have a very active brain the aura may be seen as very active with rainbow shades changing and swirling around you as your thoughts activate.
Similarly the emotions can be seen in the aura. A red aura is generally considered to show anger, sexuality and a very powerful nature. A sportsman may have their aura charged with this tint when they are preparing to compete. Yellow can show a happy mood, pink may show gentle emotions and the purple, violet and puce tones can indicate spiritual thoughts.
An aura can also look sluggish when you are tired and the hues may become more sombre with browns, dark greens and darker tones flushing through the auric field. When a person is ill or very depressed black may be seen in the auric field.
If you feel lively and bursting with life and optimism you aura will show this. Electric blues, emerald greens and sunshine yellows are a sign that a person is healthy and optimistic about their life.
The aura is the radiation of the life force. It is sometimes felt or seen by clairvoyant people. You may initially feel your aura like a prickly sensation around the hands or radiating from someone near you. People who are sensitive to the aura may sometimes become quickly fatigued as their sensitivity will open them to people’s vibrations or stress.
On this site we show you how to safely work with the aura so as not to diminish your energy. Using yoga and breathing techniques it is possible to work with the aura safely and quickly replenish your life force when your energy is low or being drained by another person
Psychic people and people with a budding or latent psychic gift are usually sensitive individuals. You may feel the atmosphere of place or pick up vibrations from people’s auras. For example, have you ever sensed that a person is disturbed, depressed or angry without them giving any physical clues. You may be sensing their psychic vibrations and responding to them on an unconscious level. Soon you will be feeling just like them- depressed, worried, angry and so on. It is important for psychic people to protect themselves from these harmful vibrations. The technique that follows will help you do this and furthermore protect you from other harmful influences that you may feel are bothering you. Now here’s the commercial plug- and you can buy my specially designed cassette to talk you through the various techniques for attuning the aura and, most importantly, closing the aura.
Closing the Aura
“Learning to close down after doing your psychic work is even more important than opening up in the first place. When I’m not working psychically I keep my centers firmly shut. If I tuned in to every vibration that came my way I’d soon be a gibbering wreck. Psychics that push their clairvoyance on you at every opportunity are normally not much good; they waste their energy. Close your aura after working and the power recharges ready for the next time you want to work.
As you become more proficient at opening, however, you will find that it is possible to open the chakras very quickly. Nevertheless, for the best results it is best to systematically go through the techniques I’ve outlined.
So, you’ve done your psychic work and now we’re going to turn off the energy. Sir comfortably and quiet the breath. Closing the chakras is done in the opposite way to opening but we leave the crown center to last of all.
How to close
- 1. First focus your attention on the brow center. See the light get dimmer and darker. Imagine the flowers of the lotus closing and an iron door shutting over the center. Light can get neither in nor out. All is quiet.
- 2. Feel the light drop downwards through the throat center. The light fades, the petals close and the door shuts. Now drop the light through the heart center. The light fades, the petals close and the door shuts. Drop the light down through the solar plexus. The light fades, the petals close, the door shuts. Drop the light down through the spleen center. The light fades, the petals close, the door shuts.
- 3. Finally, the base center does not close completely. See the light here fade until it is just a small red light- like a chink of light through a partly opened door.
- 4. Now focus your attention on the crown cent re that is still open. As before, let the golden light stream through the top of your head and out of your fingertips and toes. Give yourself a psychic shower. Wash away the problems and impressions that you’ve picked up from your sitter. They’re not your worries. Wash them away.
- 5. Now fill the inside of your body with liquid golden light that pours in from the crown center. Fill yourself up with golden light energy from the toes to the top of the head. Now close the crown center. The light fades and the colors darken. I visualize two great iron hanger-doors closing over my head.
- 6. Quickly run through the centers again, making sure that all is quiet. Now, as a final safeguard, visualize wrapping a dark hooded cloak all over your body. Light can neither get in or out. All that shines from your aura is that small chink of light from the base chakra. Your aura is closed. You are back to normal.
References and Works Cited
- The Psychic Workbook – Craig Hamilton-Parker ISBN 0-09-179086-7
- Opening to the Other Side – Craig Hamilton-Parker ISBN 1-4027-1346-0
- Protecting the Soul – Craig Hamilton-Parker – ISBN – 0-8069-8719-7
- Snellgrove, Brian. The Magic in Your Hands: How to See Auras and Use Them for Diagnosis and Healing. Essex, UK: C. W. Daniel, 1998.
- Oslie, Pamela. Life Colors: What the Colors in Your Aura Reveal. Novato, CA: New World Library, 2000.
- Bain, Gabriel Hudson. Auras 101: A Basic Study of Human Auras and the Techniques to See Them. Flagstaff, AZ: Light Technology Publications, 1998
- “Somesthetic Aura: The Experience of Alice in Wonderland.” The Lancet (June 27, 1998): 1934
- A Cultural History of Medical Vitalism in Enlightenment Montpellier – Elizabeth Ann Williams – Google Books