Nostradamus Predictions for Modern Era
There are many shock claims about what Nostradamus predicts for our future. The most recent is that Donald Trump’s audacious election as president of the United States may herald the end of the world. Nostradamus ‘experts’ are claiming that the 16th century seer saw it all coming in Century III, Quatrain 81, where he wrote “The great shameless, audacious bawler. He will be elected governor of the army: The boldness of his contention. The bridge broken, the city faint from fear.”
Trump it is said fits the description of the “shameless, audacious bawler” because of his loud rhetoric, reckless accusations and aggressive stance. Many compare him to Benito Mussolini who was the leader of Italy’s National Fascist Party, ruling the country as Prime Minister from 1922 to 1943. Some believe that Trump is the reincarnation of Mussolini though this is not revealed in the prophecies of Nostradamus.
More Nostradamus/Trump predictions on my new video:
Trump president he is the “governor of the army” leading the world’s leading military force. It is his finger that could press the red button that could launch WW3. In Century 1, 40, another Nostradamus prediction says: “The false trumpet concealing madness will cause Byzantium to change its laws.” We have the word ‘trumpet’ here of course. Byzantium was built as the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire but before this was an Ancient Greek colony. The argument says that this refers to the fact that Greece has become the entry point for immigrants and refugees , which is a central theme of Trumps’ candidacy. Trump says: ‘I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me –and I’ll build them very inexpensively.’
Nostradamus writes in Quatrain 50, “the Republic of the big city” will engage in costly military operations, ordered by the “trumpet”. Could this be referring to a huge costly war that Trump will initiate? I think it is likely that Trump will be engaged in War – possibly with Russia initially as an allies. I have said in my predictions that Syria will be partitioned – probably by American and Russian agreement with the additional help from Turkey. I don’t however believe it will lead to full scale nuclear war.
DID NOSTRADAMUS FORESEE ISIS?
One interesting theory is that ISIS is predicted in quadrant Q 8-70 where it says:
Il entrera vilain, meschant, infame,
Tyrannisant la Mesopotamie:
Tous amys faits d’adulterine d’ame,
Tertre horrible noir de phisonomie.
He will enter wicked, unpleasant, infamous,
Tyrannizing over Mesopotamia:
All friends made by the adulterous lady,
Land dreadful and black of aspect.
Could this refer to ISIS? (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) Mesopotamia is the old name for the region that includes Syria, Iraq and Turkey. The man so cruel (wicked) and infamous could refer to the leader of ISIS who was certainly infamous and unpleasant. What is most interesting is the reference the ‘adulterous lady’. Some have interpreted this as the Egyptian goddess Isis – the Goddess of health, marriage, and wisdom. She was married to her brother so her relationship to her husband could be considered adulterous. Also they claim the ‘Land dreadful and black of aspect.’ May be a reference to the flag of ISIS – which is black.
Some interesting ideas but whether this is stretching to point is open for debate in the comment section. It says ‘Land’ not ‘flag’ and talks of ‘Tyrannizing over Mesopotamia’ but what about Paris? Surely Nostradamus – a Frenchman – would have ‘seen’ the importance of ISIS in these world events and terrorist attacks at the heart of his homeland?
Craig’s New Book About the Future of the World:
In this book I reveal the secrets of the Indian Naadi Oracle that tells me that new spiritual knowledge will be revealed to me by the gods—which I initially interpreted as my mediumship—and from studying the Naadis, learning astrology, and knowledge given directly by meeting living rishis. The Naadi is like the Indian version of Nostradamus and may reveal things that confirm and expand upon what Nostradamus has foreseen.
Famous Nostradamus Predictions
Article by Craig Hamilton-Parker. How would St John the divine, Nostradamus or Mother Shipton, have interpreted visions of the two world wars, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Vietnam or Desert Storm? Is it possible to make predictions for the future of the world from so long ago? The scale and complexity of these modern events to someone living just a hundred years ago would have been incomprehensible.
A nuclear bomb would look like a world on fire, squadrons of helicopters would look like plagues of locusts and how would an ancient seer interpret the extermination camps at Belsen or the Killing Fields of Cambodia? It would look as if the world had come to an end. Similarly who is the ‘King of Terror’ that Nostradamus mentions? Could this in fact be a terrorist?
Below are some of the most famous predictions for the future of the world. I would be interested to know what readers think of these and whether these seers from the past could possibly have made truly accurate predictions for the future of the world?
NOSTRADAMUS AND WORLD WAR 2
During WW2 Churchill and Hitler both used quotes from the prophecies of Nostradamus in propaganda leaflets. And both interpreted the quadrants for their own political purposes. Today there are many new interpretations of his prophecies of Nostradamus that continue to hit the best seller lists. Clearly, prophecies can be interpreted in many different ways. In his own time Nostradamus made many very clear predictions that came true to the letter, however his later predictions appear to be incorrect. If you read some of the best sellers from ten years ago they warn that 1998 and 1999 are the years in which the world would be almost wiped out. They were wrong.
Nonetheless, many prophecies have come true and my own work as a medium and the hundreds of letters I receive from readers of my psychic columns suggest that it is possible to foresee the future. There’s too much evidence to prove that the future can be foretold. My understanding is that what we see are glimpses of a possible future. We see the future in an embryonic stage.
The future is like a landscape. What we see in prophetic dreams and clairvoyance are the roads and pathways ahead. We can travel across that landscape in anyway we please. We may choose a hard road, or an easy road to travel. If we see an obstacle we can travel over it or move around it. Destiny is like the landscape, our journey is our free will and our prophecies of the future are maps that guide us.
WAR IN IRAN & THE MIDDLE EAST?
In 1984 my mediumistic teacher went into trance and I was able to ask his spirit guide about the future of the world and if there would be an apocalypse. The guide told me that the biggest threat to mankind would be the environment. He said that there would there would however be a number of serious conflicts in the Middle East following an economic world crisis and that we would have troubles from Iraq and Iran. We would be brought to the brink of nuclear conflict but the countries of the world would come together to save the situation. This was way before there was a likelihood of Western engagement in the Middle East and before the first war with Iraq
My own feeling is that there are still many bad things to happen to the world but this is just a prelude for a Golden Age to come. This will be a time when money and power is put in the hands of the good people and the world is guided by truth and compassion. Humankind will then at last embrace the human values of truth, peace, right conduct, non-violence and love. Terrorism, global warming and problems that we can only solve by working together may in face be the catalyst that brings world peace.
It is my belief that the things we focus our attention upon grow in strength. If we think negatively in our own life we tend to attract misfortune. Similarly if humanity’s vision of the future is one despair and gloom then we will attract misfortune to our planet. As individuals and as a species we have free will. The future is in our own hands.
Other predictions made about the future of the world:
1. Old Mother Shipton: Born in 1488 near Knaresborough, Yorkshire and a contemporary of Nostradamus, Mother Shipton made many predictions that came true in her lifetime including that London would be ravaged by fire in 1666. She also predicted airplanes and that ships would be built of metal. “Carriages without horses shall go,/ And accidents fill the world with woe. / Around the Earth thoughts shall fly. / In the twinkling of an eye.” She announced that the world “to an end shall come/ In eighteen hundred and eighty one.” Her prophesies hint that one day American and the United Kingdom will become one nation in a era when “eagles shall be preferred and there shall be peace over the world, and there shall be plenty”
2. : The Virgin Mary herself if claimed to have revealed the apocalyptic teachings to various children tending sheep at Cova da Iria near the village of Fatima, Portugal. A vision of the Virgin Mary was seen and thousands say they witnessed the sun spinning in the air. The fearsome prophesies for the millennium are now safely locked away in the vaults of the Vatican. Although part of the prophesy was released to the world in 1942 by Pope Pius XII. These told of the Second World War. It is believed that the remaining prophesies predict the imminent downfall of Catholicism.
3. Kenneth Mackenzie (also known as Coinneach Odhar Foisaiche): Born in the seventeenth century on Lewis in the Hebrides he predicted 150 years before the building of the Caledonian Canal that ships would sail behind Tomnahurich hill near Inverness. At the site of the battle of Culloden he predicted that in a hundred years hence the land would be stained by the “best blood in the Highlands” For modern times he predicted how the fall out from Chernobyl would rain on Scotland “Deer and other wild animals shall be exterminated by horrid black rain” He also predicts that there will be a great revolution in Scotland when the water of the Beauly had thrice ceased to run. It has dried up in 1826 and 1946. Weather forecasts predict many droughts before the year 2000.
4. Sathya Sai Baba: The most talked about holy man in India, Sathya Sai Baba is attracting followers from all over the world. He was recently visited by Fergie. It is claimed that Sai Baba performs miracles of healing, can raise the dead and is able to materialise objects from nothing. He predicted the fall of the Berlin wall. For the future he speaks of ecological disaster and rising sea levels but that a new spiritual understanding will avert a nuclear holocaust. Devotees say he has materialised a map of the world as it will be in the future. Sai Baba says that, despite the global ‘adjustments’ there is soon to be a Golden Age when people from all religions will rediscover their oneness in God.
5. Australian Aborigine Predictions: Prophecies handed down from generation to generation of the Australian aboriginal Elders warned of troubles ahead for the environment. Guboo Ted Thomas, Australian Aboriginal Tribal Elder says “You see, that’s really what’s going to happen to the earth. We’re going to have tidal waves. We’re going to have earthquakes. That’s coming because we don’t consider this land as our Mother. We’ve taken away the balance, and we’re not putting it back. I look at the bush, and those trees are alive. They’re not dead, they’re alive. And they want you to cuddle them.”
6. Edgar Cayce Predictions: Some of the most worrying environmental calamities have been forecast by the American prophet Edgar Cayce (1877-1945) who made many predictions that have come true. Whilst in a sleep like trance Cayce told his followers that there would be a shift of the earth’s polar axis. Our planet would tilt bringing with it great flooding and seismic activity. The prelude to this would begin from 1998 onward when there would be a considerable increase in volcanic activity and earthquakes. He also prophesied that the Sphinx had been built in 10,500 BC and that survivors of Atlantis had concealed beneath it a “Hall of Records” containing all the wisdom of their lost civilisation and the true history of the human race.
A new chamber was found in the Great Pyramid that has yet to be opened and we have recently witnesses many dreadful earthquakes in places such as Turkey.
7. Spiritualist Predictions: The most famous Spiritualist was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who sat with many trance and physical mediums and listened to what they had to say about the future. He concluded that there will be a short period of chaos followed by some reconstruction; the total period of upheavals will be roughly three years following the great floods. The chief centres of disturbance will be the Eastern Mediterranean basin, where not less than five countries will entirely disappear. Also in the Atlantic there will be a rise of land which will be a cause of those waves which will bring about great disasters upon the Americans, the Irish and Western European shore, involving all of the low-lying British coasts.
8 . Fatima On May 13, 1917 a luminous apparition appeared to three peasant children and delivered a series of prophecies. The three children – Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco took their flock of sheep to a natural hollow in the ground known as the Cova da Iria to graze, just outside the town of Fatima in Portugal. While the sheep were grazing they began to play. Suddenly there was a flash of lightening. The children looked up, bewildered into the sky. A few metres away stood a Lady of dazzling light. Their eyes were unable to comprehend the lady’s brilliance and beauty and the air was filled with the smell of roses. She told them she was the Virgin Mary and gave them three secrets that were sealed in envelopes and not to be opened until the appropriate times.
In the first Mary foresaw that a “night illuminated by an unknown light” would precede a “worse war” in which “The good will be martyred” and “The Holy Father will have much to suffer.” On January 25, 1938, a remarkable display of aurora borealis was visible across Europe, the year before World War II began.
The second secret was about the future of Russia. Russia would “spread her errors throughout the world, promoting wars,” and that “Various nations will be annihilated.” (Many believe this is a correct prophecy of the spread of communism.) “I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart,” continues the revelation. “If people attend to My requests, Russia will be converted and the world will have peace.” Perhaps Pope John Paul II’s 1984 consecration of Russia was fulfilling the prophecy. Some say that it paved the way for the subsequent collapse of the Soviet Union as the “conversion” of Russia.
Lucia wrote down the third secret, sealed it, and gave it to Portugal’s Bishop of Leiria. Her instructions were that it was not to be read until 1960. The Bishop gave the envelope to the Vatican. POPE JOHN XXIII reportedly opened it in 1960 but he refused to divulge its contents, saying, “This prophecy does not relate to my time.” Pope John Paul II is said to have also read it, and refuses to reveal it on the grounds that its true spiritual message has been obscured by sensationalism.
Will There Be The Predicted Golden Age?
In astronomical terms the Millennium signifies the central point between of the gradual change from the ages of Pisces to Aquarius. The Piscean age heralded the Christian epoch and the Aquarian age is the epoch of humanity and science that began in the Industrial Revolution. Some astrologers say that the year 2000 marks the point at which Pisces and Aquarius have equality. In India they talk about the Yugas and although their dates differ from Western astrology they too believe that we stand at the threshold of a new era. A Golden Age but preceded by many calamities.
Recent years have seen astonishing advances in science with the splitting of the atom, the unraveling the DNA code and man walking on the moon. There have been unprecedented advances. However, I feel that, although science is here to stay the next millennium will not be more of the same. I believe we will go to Mars and the advances in science, particularly genetics, will bring great benefits and dangers. The next evolutionary step will be in human values and spirituality. In the Aquarian Age people will be encouraged to have direct experience of spirituality rather than through a pious intermediary or dogma.
I believe that we will see the gradual demise of traditional Christianity but this will be replaced by something that comes much closer to the original teachings of Jesus. I predict that in the coming years we will begin to recognise that there is only one country and that country is the world. Also people will begin to see the similarities and not the differences between our religions. We will come to understand that there is only one God- the God of love- that manifests in every religion according to each cultural tradition.
What do you think? Are we at the threshold of a bright new era? Are the wars and financial and human calamities we see now part of a bigger and brighter picture or are we doomed? Please post your ideas below.