Article by Craig Hamilton-Parker about aura color meanings and their relationship with the chakras in the spirit body.
Aura Color Meanings
The prana that comprises the aura is colorless. It is like clear water or glass. The prana becomes colored by our thoughts and emotions. Mediums with a well-developed spiritual vision will be aware of these colors and how they change. The colors are seen by using clairvoyance. They are called ‘astral colors’.
Three primary colors make up the palette of the aura. These are red, blue, and yellow. Other colors are formed from a mixture of these primary colors. The primary color red represents the physical world, blue the spiritual, and yellow the mental. White stands for purity and black for negativity. (Black is not a color but is the absence of light. White is the harmonious blending of the astral colors.)
As a general rule, the bright colors seen in an aura have a positive diagnosis. They show a happy disposition. The duller tones show moodiness, illness, and depression.
List of the Main Aura Colors and their Meanings
The following list of aura color meanings explains some of the colors you will see in the aura. Remember when working with and interpreting the aura that your own intuition will tell you most about the person. Thoughts and emotions affect the colors of the aura. Look beyond the colors to the thoughts and feelings that also bathe in the aura’s light.
The colors you see may trigger a gut feeling in you. This is likely to correspond with the thoughts and emotions of the person you are observing.
Red (primary color)
Physical energy and the activities associated with the color red. It governs the vitality of the body, such as athletic or sexual activity. A clear, clean shade of red indicates friendship, vitality, determination, and vigor.
Anger may cause a red light to flash through the aura because sensitivity and kindness manifest as a gentle pink tone. The aura of a pregnant woman is usually pink but that does not necessarily mean the baby will be a girl.
The color orange combines the power of red with the intellect of yellow and can show intellectual ambition, mastery of will, and pride. It may show a desire for change and break from the past. Balls of orange light in the aura show that the person has concentrated on a number of issues.
Orange comes from the spleen area. It shows healing through spiritual cleansing.
Yellow (primary color)
Intellectual activities and creative self-expression are yellow in the human aura. An inspired person has a golden-yellow aura. It is edged with a blue tint.
If seen as many fine moving lines, it shows the subject’s mental activities are many and varied. This fibrous effect may show aura color meanings of a worrier even though yellow generally is an optimistic color.
Often found in the auras of spiritual healers, green lies in the center of the astral spectrum and indicates balance. Green is the color of nature and is therefore associated with renewal and recovery. This color combines the intellectual creativity of yellow with the spirituality of blue.
Bright spring green will show someone who actively likes to help others, whereas a sickly lemon-green reveals deceit and envy. Rich emerald tones show reliability, the strength of character, and a well-balanced personality.
Blue (primary color)
Blues are the spiritual colors of the astral palette. Blue stands for high ideals, altruism, devotion, reverence, and religious aspirations. Blue is a healing color. It brings calm and peace. Blue is the color of the sky. It is associated with freedom and escape from restriction. An aura dominated by blue therefore indicates a person who is healthy and at peace.
Indigo and Violet
Indigo and violet are a continuation of the spiritual aspects of the color blue. It is a sign of clairvoyant ability. An intuitive person who is inspired by their dreams has indigo colors in their aura. This is because this color is linked to the chakra in the middle of the forehead.
Purple will show a love of ceremony and deep religious conviction. Violet is the highest of the spiritual blues, showing a person who has integrated their higher nature.
Black, White, Silver, and Gold
Black is not a color but the absence of light. Nonetheless, sometimes the aura does show dark clouds. These usually show depression, negativity, and lack of energy in the traditional interpretation of the aura color meanings. A heavy overshadowing of black stands for hatred, malice, and vengeful disposition.
White indicates the opposite and is a sign of purity of heart, good character, and a positive attitude. Silver expresses spiritual sincerity as well as quick thinking, mental agility, and, to a lesser extent, humor. The color of protection is Gold.
Learn More in my Books
Health colors and emotional traits associated with the human aura are:
- RED: Heart and circulation. Associated sensing the aura when full of anger and stress.
- ORANGE: Pertains to the reproductive organs and emotional feelings. Sometimes associated with addictions.
- YELLOW: Pertains to the spleen and high vitality. Hence it shows inspiration, cheerfulness, and intelligence.
- GREEN: Pertains to the chest and lungs. Emotionally represents a balance and a love of natural things.
- TURQUOISE: Pertains to the immune system. Turquoise shows compassion and the ability to heal.
- BLUE: Pertains to the throat. Emotionally it shows a calm person with some intuitive ability.
- BLUE SHADES: sensing the aura filled with light Blue shows inner peace and truthfulness. Royal Blue can indicate an ability at clairvoyance.
- INDIGO: Pertains to the pituitary gland. Symbolic of the third eye it can indicate mediumistic abilities.
- VIOLET: Pertains to the pineal gland. This color shows spirituality and sensitivity. Vegetarians have a violet aura.
- LAVENDER: Can indicate a disposition that is both sensitive and a little unrealistic.
- SILVER: Pertains to spiritual energy. Silver pertains to an awakened, generous and inspired person.
- GOLD: Pertains to protection. The color gold closes the aura. Hence it protects against negative influences.
- BLACK: Pertains to lack of energy and depression. Black is the absence of light – can also show grief and potential health problems.
- WHITE: Similar to silver this color shows energy. white can also show purity and recovery from illness. It is also seen as small balls of light in the aura when the spirit is in communication with the subject.
- PASTELS: A dominance of pastel colors in the aura shows a gentle and sensitive disposition.
- BROWN: Sensing the aura filled with brown pertains to skepticism and a closed mind.